So, it’s date night. Afraid that your date will be snoozevilles, or that you won’t know what to say? Never fear. Icebreakers.Ws will be your guide for the best date night conversation icebreakers. This series will help you with some hilarious or memorable dates that can help you stand out from most of the other (boring!) people. Perhaps you’re having a cup of coffee or are sharing a nice meal together. We’ll start with some great icebreaker questions that are guaranteed to get you and your date talking. Start with these five:
- Animals. You can ask a question with some symbolism, such as: “If you had to be an animal, what animal would it be?” Lions
- Books. “Do you enjoy reading? What do you like to read?” Sometimes you can tell a lot about a person from what they are reading — even if it’s just comics and magazines! The kinds of books or literary input will reflect their personality… and hopefully you will find some places where you both match!
- Dreams. If money were no object, and you could choose any kind of work, which job would you choose? This is your Dream Job! Or if you could have any dream come true, what would it be? Getting to this deeper level is a way to connect with your date beyond the typical surface level boring topics.
- Heroes. Who was your childhood hero? Why was he or she so inspiring? Childhood memories can be a great way to connect.
- Quirks. What makes you weird? Are you a morning person or a night person? Why or why not?
Then, after your high quality date night conversation, keep the humor going with a date night game that continues to break the ice. Our favorite game for getting to know each other might be the Ungame, a great Question-and-Answer activity. Or more awkward laughs (and some physical contact), try the classic game of Twister to break the ice! You can buy it now at our online store. Check out our other date night games at our online store, on sale this week. Also, check out Part Two of the Best Icebreakers for Date Night!