Battle it out to see who is the rock, paper, scissors champion of the group — as the losers of each mini-round cheer the remaining winners on!
This game works best for ages 12 and up. It’s recommended for large or extra large groups of 15+ people.
Setup for Extreme Rock, Paper, Scissors
No special materials are required to play this game, making it convenient and free to play.
How to play Extreme Rock, Paper, Scissors
- Have each member of the group pair up for the first round of rock, paper, scissors. If there is an odd number, add the odd person out to another pair and have them do a quick knock-out match to form a pair. Alternatively, you can ask for a volunteer to participate as a referee with you.
- Everyone should be in pairs. Ask them to play 3 games, and the best 2 out of 3 will be the winner. You should act as a referee during this time in case there are any disputes or confusions.
- Instruct the losers of the first match to start cheering the name of the person who beat them and following that person around to their next game.
- Have all the winners pair up and face off against each other while the ones they beat are cheering for them. When one winner beats the other, all the people behind the losing player should start cheering for the winning player.
- Repeat this process in elimination, tournament style, until there are only two players left. Each should have a large group of people cheering them on from their previous wins. Let them play the final match. The game is over after one player wins the final match.
- (Optional): If you have an odd number of people and you want to reset the game and play again, have the winner of the last game stand aside as a referee with you to give another player the chance to win instead.
Winning the game:
The last person standing in this tournament is the winner. They must not lose against any player from the beginning to the end of the game. At the end, the winning player should have all the other players cheering for them. A small prize can be awarded to the winner if you choose, otherwise you can reset the game and play again.