Truth or Dare is a classic party game that can lead to some memorable fun. A player chooses to answer a question truthfully or to do a crazy dare in front of all the other players.
Truth or Dare works best with medium sized groups. Not many materials are required, although it can be helpful to have various household items laying around, such as toothpaste, interesting foods, etc. This party game is often played at camp, during slumber parties, or simply when hanging out.
Setup for Truth or Date
There is no setup required for this party game, though it can be helpful to come prepared with some ideas in case people need help coming up with questions or dares.
Instructions for How to Play Truth or Dare
Each player takes a turn asking another player, “Truth or Dare?” The player who is asked must choose to do a “truth” or a “dare.” A truth is to answer a question truthfully, and a dare is to do something silly or crazy. For example:
Sample Truth Questions:
- What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
- What is your most embarrassing moment?
- What is the grossest thing you’ve ever eaten?
- If you had to marry someone in this room, who would it be?
- What is the funniest thing that has ever happened to you?
- What is is the most important thing you look for when dating?
- If you had to live with only one object what would it be?
- What is the most attractive thing in a man/woman?
Sample Dare Questions:
- I dare you to prank call another person we know.
- I dare you to eat 5 packets of ketchup.
- I dare you to put toothpaste all over your face.
- I dare you to dance and spell your name with your butt.
- I dare you to smell someone’s bad breath for 2 minutes.
- I dare you to put your hand into the toilet bowl.
- I dare you to brush another person’s teeth with your toothbrush.
Once a person is given a Truth or a Dare request, he or she can agree to do it, or he or she can switch to the other Truth or Dare. Be creative!
Note: This game can be hilarious but be sure to stay safe and not force someone to do something they do not want to do. Icebreakers.ws does not accept any responsibility for dangerous or non-law abiding behavior!