Combine your artistic talents together to create the ultimate drawing without seeing what others have added before you!
This icebreaker game is good for ages 10 and over. Collaborative Drawing must be played with a minimum of 4 people. There is no maximum amount preferred. If groups get unmanageable, subdivide into smaller sized groups.
To play this game you are going to need the following items:
- Paper for all participants
- Writing utensils for everyone
- A timer or stopwatch
Setup for Collaborative Drawing
You won’t need to set anything up prior to starting this game!
How to play Collaborative Drawing
- Distribute paper and writing utensils to everyone that will be playing. Make sure that the players are sitting in some sort of orderly fashion such as a circle or in straight lines.
- Instruct each person to fold their paper into four equal sections, as you would fold a letter. They should then unfold the paper so that it is flat again.
- Players are then told to draw a head for their drawing in the uppermost section. It doesn’t matter what kind of head they draw or where on the upper section it is, as long as the neck connects to the top of the second section on the paper.
- Instruct players to fold their paper over in order to hide the head they drew, leaving only the very bottom of the neck showing to help the next player in their drawing.
- All players pass their folded papers to their left and accept the paper being handed from their right side. Each time a new paper is given to each player, they must draw the missing section, connecting it to the other person’s previous section without actually looking to see what it looks like. This process will be repeated for all three of the other remaining sections: torso, legs, and feet. Make sure that all the players know to leave the very bottom of their drawing visible so that the next person can continue on. Each section should be timed to avoid spending too long on this game.
- Once the drawings are all completed, open up the papers and check out the crazy creatures or people that are featured there!
Winning the game:
This game should be used as a fun icebreaker. There is no way to win or lose the game. Its purpose is just for people to get together and have some funny drawing crazy creatures!