Dear Icebreakers Family,
This has been a challenging time for everyone. We hope you and your family are doing well — staying safe and healthy.
Do you need activities to play while you are isolated at home? Games can be one of the best ways to connect with friends as a social experience and to enjoy quality time with family and others who you might not be able to see face-to-face.
During such a difficult time, we wanted to provide a collection of some of the best FREE activities that are fun, social and engaging. We recommend using a videoconference tool like Zoom, Google Hangouts, etc.) while playing the game so that you can more easily talk and see faces.
In no particular order, here is our list:
- Drawception (drawing game similar to Telestrations) https://drawception.com/
- Charades online (Act out clues – http://www.playcharades.net/
- Codenames: https://www.horsepaste.com/
- Codenames Duet : https://www.codenamesgreen.com/
- Secret Hitler (Deduction game) https://secrethitler.io?
- Werewolf Online: https://werewolf-online.fandom.com/wiki/Werewolf_Online
- Spyfall: https://spyfall.adrianocola.com/
- Sporcle (custom quiz game to challenge friends), for example:
Name That Tune Game
- Jigsaw Puzzles online: https://jigsawpuzzles.io/
- Risk: Global Domination https://store.steampowered.com/app/1128810/RISK_Global_Domination/
- FreeCiv (Free Civilization 2 game) : https://fcw.movingborders.es/
- GeoGuessr (Guess where you are in the world based on a series of 360 images) : https://www.geoguessr.com/
- Board Game Arena – You can play board games together with friends or strangers online. https://boardgamearena.com/gameinprogress?game=1025&all
Special thanks to our friends at Learning Theories for providing this guide.