What are some funny icebreaker questions that you can use for your classroom or work event? Check out this guide for several excellent and hilarious questions that you can use.
Here are several discussion starters that you can use to break the ice! These questions are sure to make your group laugh, especially when players get creative with their answers! You can award bonus points at the end (or via group vote) for the silliest or funniest answers. We’re pretty sure that these open ended questions will get people to chuckle or crack up; more importantly, they can make it easier for your students or teammates to feel at ease with each other after they’ve had some funny moments together.
Funny Icebreaker Questions
See below for over 30 questions that you can choose from. Some are random and silly, while others involve a bit more sharing or some thoughtfulness that might reveal something about one’s personality, preferences, memories or interests. Enjoy!
Silly, Zany and Wacky Questions
- If you were an animal, what animal would you be (which represents your personality best?)
- If you could be any food, what would you be and why?
- What is something shocking that you wish you could do before you die?
- What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
- If you had to be one body part, what would it be and why?
- If you were to be a superhero, who would you be and what super power would you have?
- If you had to live in another planet with the aliens, what job would you have?
- If you had to rename yourself into a strange word, what would your name be?
- If you could only have one sense (sight, taste, hearing, touch, smell) for the rest of your life, which one would you choose and why?
- If you had to change something about yourself, what would you change?
- If you had three wishes but had to wish them on someone else, what would you wish for?
- If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life (every day), what would it be?
- If you were an ant, what would you do first?
- If you had a time machine and could go back in time, what would you change in history?
- If you were a pet, what would you want to do to your owner?
Embarrassing Moments and Other Funny Things to Share
- What was one of your most memorable embarrassing memories in your life?
- What was the funniest thing that has ever happened to you?
- What was your craziest experience?
- What was the happiest memory you’ve ever had?
- What was the most interesting food you’ve ever eaten?
Would You Rather Questions
- Would you rather be a giant that everyone always can see, or a microscopic size that no one can see, and why?
- Would you rather be a cat or a dog?
- Would you rather live in the ocean or in outer space?
- Would you rather be loved by someone special (but hated by everyone else) or liked by everyone (but never loved)?
- Would you rather live forever but have a boring life or live a short but amazing life?
- Would you rather be chocolate or vanilla ice cream and what does that say about your personality?
- Would you rather be a hero but have no one notice or a zero but have everyone think you’re a hero?
- Would you rather be invisible or always visible?
- Would you rather be the best at everything but have everyone dislike you, or the worst at everything but have everyone like you?
- Would you rather be a fruit or a vegetable?
Love these funny icebreaker questions? Let us know what you think!