Icebreaker Questions is simply a list of 20 great questions that you can ask people to help them feel more part of a group or team. These questions are fun and non-threatening. You can use them as an icebreaker for meetings or classrooms, written on notecards and adapted for other games, or simply as a fun activity to help people get to know each other better.
Instructions for Icebreaker Questions
A great way to help people open up is to ask them fun questions that allow them to express their personality or interesting things about them. Here is a list of twenty safe, useful icebreaker questions to help break the ice:
- If you could have an endless supply of any food, what would you get?
- If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
- What is one goal you’d like to accomplish during your lifetime?
- When you were little, who was your favorite super hero and why?
- Who is your hero? (a parent, a celebrity, an influential person in one’s life)
- What’s your favorite thing to do in the summer?
- If they made a movie of your life, what would it be about and which actor would you want to play you?
- If you were an ice cream flavor, which one would you be and why?
- What’s your favorite cartoon character, and why?
- If you could visit any place in the world, where would you choose to go and why
- What’s the ideal dream job for you?
- Are you a morning or night person?
- What are your favorite hobbies?
- What are your pet peeves or interesting things about you that you dislike?
- What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
- Name one of your favorite things about someone in your family.
- Tell us about a unique or quirky habit of yours.
- If you had to describe yourself using three words, it would be…
- If someone made a movie of your life would it be a drama, a comedy, a romantic-comedy, action film, or science fiction?
- If I could be anybody besides myself, I would be…
For another excellent guide, check out How Do You Play for Icebreaker Questions.