Icebreakers? 100+ free icebreaker ideas – rules for how to play!
Explore our free instructions for over 100+ of our favorite family friendly icebreaker ideas, teambuilding activities and fun group games!
Easy-to-follow guides are useful for classrooms, corporate training, team building, camps, churches and youth groups, parties, college events, retreats and parties! Featuring brand new September 19 post: funny icebreaker questions. Also try our new online icebreakers including corporate games for Zoom and online hybrid work settings).
Below, you can find lots of icebreakers sorted by your group size (small, medium, large and extra large) and by type (active, get-to-know-you, team building, party game, etc.).
Activities by group size
Explore all 100+ icebreaker ideas by activity name
See our complete collection of all icebreaker games and ideas. We’ve handpicked them and have tried them all. They are guaranteed to be useful for your next event — we think you’ll love them!
Icebreakers by category
Choose a category below to see several articles with step by step instructions for how to play.
- Try these action packed games that might cause you to break a little bit of a sweat! Players might need to run around or do something quickly to play — guaranteed fun and maybe even some calories burnt!
- For work or other settings, these corporate team building activities will build teamwork and unity, often involving planning, strategy or trust. Perfect for building team chemistry at the workplace!
- It’s party time! Here are fun activities for your next shindig and party, whether it be a wedding, birthday party, or other kinds of celebrations!
- Activities that help people get to know each others’ interests and stories. Let’s go deep — or let’s find out interesting things about each other.
- Icebreaker ideas especially for teachers and students! These activities work well in the classroom or school for breaking the ice. Great for the beginning of the semester to get conversations rolling!
- Activities that work great for your next family game night. Memories that can last for a lifetime!
Brand new: virtual icebreakers for Zoom (2021 pandemic edition — activities that work for online meetings at the workplace)